Chocolate covered strawberries are one of the most popular and delicate treats that are given on Valentine’s Day. These tasty snacks are extremely easy to make. They are the perfect treat for parents, grandparents, and even that special someone.
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon shortening
- Wax paper
- Chopped nuts, coconut, sprinkles, etc (optional)
- Wash the strawberries and then allow them to dry completely.
- Place the chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave safe container and heat on high for about one minute or until melted and smooth when stirred.
- Next, while holding the leaves of the strawberry, dip the strawberries into the semi-sweet chocolate chip mixture up until the chocolate reaches the leaves.
- After that, allow the excess to drip off, and then place them on wax paper.
- If you want toppings, now would be the time to put them on because they won’t stick if you try to attach them on after the strawberries have dried.
- Following that, allow the strawberries to harden by placing them in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- You can place them into foil cups if you have them. If not, they are ready for consumption.
These are best eaten with delicious ice cream or the richest cake. Chocolate covered strawberries are perfect to eat while you are kicked back and relaxed. I hope that you enjoy this scrumptious dessert!
By Aidan Maes